Membership in the AGC’s student chapter provides young professionals with an opportunity to learn, observe, and develop their skills with current leaders in the industry. The AGC of Utah is committed to promoting and supporting students, faculty, and others in the study of higher education through research, scholarships, and conferences.
The AGC of Utah sponsors student chapters at Brigham Young University, Weber State University, Southern Utah University, Utah Valley University, and the University of Utah.
Student chapter members are open to participate in the programs, activities, classes, events and socials sponsored by the AGC of Utah.
Here are some of the benefits of getting involved in an AGC sponsored student chapter
- Opportunities to meet and work with AGC member contractors (potential future employers)
- Closer contact with construction faculty
- Opportunities to tour local construction projects
- Discounted member prices on AGC publications and programs
- Notice of scholarships sponsored by the AGC Education and Research Foundation as well as the AGC of Utah’s annual scholarships
- Networking opportunities with other students of similar interest and career goals
- Special registration fees for the AGC Annual Convention
- A special AGC student chapter meeting at AGC’s Annual Convention
- An opportunity to impact the community and gain recognition for those efforts through the AGC Outstanding Student Chapter Contest
- Interaction with local construction company representatives in yearly Round Table’s held on school campuses