This course trains and certifies individuals as “Competent Persons” in accordance with OSHA Fall Protection Standards.
Course Objectives: Help students gain an understanding of:
• Key safety requirements on fall protection operations in accordance with OSHA 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 1926 Subpart M & OSHA 29 CFR Part 1910.66
• Key elements of the Fall Protection Safety Plan
• The role of the Competent Person and Qualified Person
• The selection process for selecting anchor points
• Understand the best practices for Identify and eliminate fall hazards
• Understand the different applications of passive, restraint and arrest systems
• The duties and responsibilities of a Competent Person
• The proper selection and use of Fall Arrest Systems Equipment & Components
• The ability to identify and select Fall Arrest Anchors
• How to properly don a Fall Protection Harness and Inspection
Presenter: Robert Weston - Safety Management & Training Solutions
Certification: Upon successful course completion, including demonstration of skills competency on all learning stations and passing skills test and a written test, students receive a Competent Person Fall Protection course certificate valid for two years before retraining is required.
*Qualifies for AGC/WCF Safety Credit